Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

So yup, I'm back to this whole blogging thing! When I first started this blog a few short months ago, I was in a funk. Chicago seemed to be having a long, cold, snowy, never-ending winter. I usually LOVE the winter, but for some reason this one was rough on me. I was feeling a little lost, lonely and totally unmotivated to do anything but come home and lay on the couch. Writing this blog and reading other blogs sparked an interest in me....unfortunately it was a bit of a short lived interest! I took an unplanned break after only about three posts! Haha, a bit pathetic? YES!

But, I'm happy to say I'm back. I think I had this idea that I was going to start blogging and I'd "meet" lots of new people, get motivated to do a bunch of projects (hey, I completed a few!)and things would be wonderful. I didn't give it near enough time, this I know. I'm just going to take it slow and figure out this blog world, what I want out of it and how to get it to fit into my little life. I definitely know that it's something I want to do. I'm working on my most lacking personal skill - FOLLOW THROUGH! Here's to following through on my blog and bettering myself one day, one task, one skill, one "new friend" at a time. Care to join me as I figure some of it out?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Good luck with yours. You will connect with lots of people eventually. It just takes time. :) I hope to continue to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Tina. Just takes a little time! Thanks so much for stopping by over at my place. Savannah is just the most amazing place. I hear it is similar to Charleston (which ive never been but want to, i live in NC how far can it be?!)

    Yes, the baby steps to lifestyle changes hasnt alwasy been my approach. 3 days after christmas me and my boyfriend joined the gym and overhauled our diet. In the 3.5 months we have been in our new lifestyle he has lost almost 50 lbs (3 lbs under his goal weight) and ive lost 22 (6 lbs under my goal) it has been hard at time and great at times but little changes help me not feel bad when i do slip (for 6 days in a row on vacation haha)

    Thanks again for coming by and ill be back to visit soon. I too am a fellow non-follow through-er. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, welcome back! I was wondering where you went to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for coming back! I've started and canceled blogging 3 times. It was taking up too much time, I felt like nobody wanted to hear what I had to say, and I just felt unmotivated. Now I do it for me. I don't care who reads it, who comments ( although, who doesn't love comments?!!) I just do it for me. I love going back a few weeks, or months and seeing what I had done. Hopefully you can find a reason within yourself to have fun writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your post about wanting to meet your running goals and thought I'd let you know about a fun challenge with prizes I have going. Everyone is super supportive with these challenges, so hey maybe you'll find some other bloggers in your neck of the woods
    http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2010/04/3-changes-challenge-prizes.html

    ReplyDelete