Friday, April 16, 2010

Dear Mrs. Procrastination....


I'm coming for you, one little project and goal at a time! Miracles don't happen over night, but I've been making a little bit of progress and I wanted to share one of the first projects I've finished in quite a long time.



I may or may not have shed a little tear over this one when I finished. I may or may not have muttered inbetween tears to my hubby, "Making this wreath and finishing reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks are two of the first things I've actually started and finished in a long time." Yikes! Bad day, much?!



I'm a work in progress for sure. I have MANY unfinished projects, books and crafts sitting around. Sometimes my sweet mother even insists on stealing them and finishing them for me, because she knows me well enough to know they probably aren't going to get finished in the near future.

My sister and I had a super fun girls day one recent Saturday afternoon. We lunched at Buffalo Wild Wings (my FAVORITE!!!!), did some shopping, took my nutty dog for a walk and then made these wreaths. My sister is incredibly crafty. It if weren't for her, I would probably be staring at a burlap covered wreath sitting next to a bag of half cut up fabric circles. :)

Needless to say, I was very proud of making this burlap spring wreath that Jen over at Tater Tots and Jello highlighted on her site.

5 comments:

  1. Cute wreath and congrats on finishing it! What is your favorite wing sauce? I heart teriyaki although honey BBQ might be winning me over soon. Look at my blog on like Wednesday, someone is doing a giveaway from "The Last Song." Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congrats on finishing! About the ONLY things I'm good at finishing is finishing books. And I totally want to read The Last Song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you!!!!
    I totally suck at finishing books.
    I think I'm in the middle of 4 right now.

    and your wreath is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the middle of four books, too, like Courtney!!
    The wreaths are adorable!
    Don't you feel better, too?
    It is so nice crossing something off the to-do list-
    Lord knows I make many of them!
    Keep going, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love that wreath? I was wishing I could see a closer pic of yours. You should blow it up so we can see the fabrics you chose. My book club is going to read The Last Song next. I can't wait to start it. Also, thanks for the follow! I'm glad I've inspired you to do some decorating, it's totally fun, but why does everything have to cost money? I guess that's where creativity comes into play.

    ReplyDelete